Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Unemployment Dating...YES or NO?


This is s message I received in Spanish, I translated it to English so I could share it with you today. Great read for both men and women, especially in light of the current financial circumstances so many are facing in the midst of our economic climate. Just because there are financial obstacles and struggles does not mean we should put love on hold in order to "salvage" or "ease the pain" of a man's ego. Yes... a real man strives to be the provider in his home. Yes... a real woman wants her man to be that provider. But it is also high time most men realize that today's living conditions call more for a team effort; one in which finances, money and who is bring it home should not be as important as how we love one another. I am sick and tired of hearing men say "I'm not in a relationship now, or seeking one because I feel I do not bring much to the table in terms of finances right now". To me that's just a lame excuse for the player still trying to get his cake and eat it too. Just my humble opinion and by no means am I trying to make you feel the way I do. Forever-love is creative and works as a team, that's why there are TWO people in a relationship, duh!. OK... I've said enough...read the message below and leave your comments. How do you weigh in on the subject? as a woman... would you date an unemployed man right now? Why? why not? MEN.... how do you feel about this? IS there something I'm missing? Please enlighten me...



WOMEN OF GREAT WORTH: WHAT’S ESSENTIAL TO THE HEART IS INVISIBLE TO THE EYES

During a brief conversation a man asked a woman: What type of man do you seek to find? She stopped to think quietly for a moment, looked him straight in the eyes and asked. Do you really want to know? To which he answered YES!

She went ahead with her response: Being a modern day woman I am in the position to ask a man for that which I cannot do for myself. I pay all my bills; I take care of my home without the help of a man. I am in the position to ask him. What do you bring to the table, what will you add to my life?

He looked at her and clearly thought she was talking about money! Realizing what he was thinking, she quickly replied: I’m not referring to money or financial support. I need something more. He crossed his arms, deeply looked into her eyes and asked to further explain. She continued: I need a man who will strive for perfection in all areas of life. She said: I seek a man who strives to better himself, someone with whom I can have an intelligent conversation and who motivates me to be better each day. I don’t need a simple-minded or immature man. I need a man I can admire and admires me for who I am. I am looking for a man who will strive for spiritual perfection because I need someone with whom I can share my faith in God; a man who loves me but loves God above all else. I don’t need a man to strive for financial perfection because I’m not looking for gold. I’m not a gold digger. I’m looking for a man who will strive to work with me, side by side, shoulder to shoulder for the benefit of our home. Not another burden waiting for me to take care of things. I need a man with some common sense to understand me when I’m going through simple female life issues yet strong enough to provide me with the emotional support I need to stand and endure those times…A man who will not let me fall. I’m looking for a man I can respect; a man who complements my life. In order for me to support him I must have respect for him and he must have respect for me as well. I cannot be submissive to a jerk. I’m looking for man in whom I can trust, a man who respects me as his partner and best friend. Not an unfaithful man, with a soul so poor that he will disrespect me and himself by giving himself to anyone in a moment of unbridled pleasure. I seek a man who can be a worthy example to our children and not someone they will be ashamed of. I strive to be attentive to him, to his every need but he needs to earn that. God created man and woman under equal conditions to support one another. I cannot support a useless man that won’t even help himself. I seek a man with some sense and a good heart because he will get to know my heart, my feelings just by looking into my eyes. I seek tenderness.

When she was finished she looked into his eyes; he looked a bit confused and with questions on his mind. He replied: You’re asking too much. She replied: I’m worth it.

7 comments:

  1. There are quite a few of us women like this out there. We can take care of ourselves financially but still desire to have a man in our lives.

    I have but two requirements for the man the comes into my life: He must love God and have the mindset of an entrepreneur!

    If he loves God I will not have to worry about him loving and respecting me! To love God is to love me and desire to take care of me mentally, emotionally and spiritually...in other words, to help me strive to be a better person.

    The mind of an entrepreneur because these kind of people are creative thinkers! they are the innovators, they are driven to succeed! They think differently than most other people; they truly see the glass as half full! I am that kind of person and I need a man that thinks like I do who I can share my ideas with and who can share his with me. We can support each other in every area of our lives!

    Date a man that is unemployed? I recently left a job to pursue my dream of starting my company. I was unemployed for about a month! If I met a man who is that ambitious and is working out the plan that God has for his life...I would be honored to date him because if he got with a woman like me, making his dream come true would not be a problem for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing... so well said. A man who is ambitious and is working out God's plan for his life. Love is... supporting each other in every area of our lives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep in mind....Love is not looking into someone’s eyes, but looking in the same direction. Leisa, you are right on the money. I truly believe in the bible verse 1 Corinthians 13:13. Put God first and always look at situations with your spiritual eyes and you will get good return on any man you desire. That is the best direction. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Nichole... Basically, we are seeking a man who lives what the Psalmist David wrote in Psalm 25:4 & 5 (NLT) Show me the right path, Oh Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Together, seeking God in that way, how could we possibly fail?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a result of this blog several people have asked me would I date an unemployed man... So here is my response:
    I would... Of course, his mind set, goals, ambition and love for the Lord have to be in correct alignment with mine. I whole-heartedly agree with Leisa in terms of a man with an entrepreneur mindset, they certainly tend to be more creative. Most important for me is that he not only love the Lord but is LEAD by Him daily. Unfortunately I have come across so many people (male and female) who claim to love the Lord yet fail to seek his guidance on a daily basis. I myself have fallen short of this at times in my life. But one thing I know beyond the shadow of a doubt. I am nothing without my Savior and for me to even think of dating a man who does not share that passion for God would be cheating myself and settling for less. See... as long as he has a passion for seeking God, job or no job WE will be OK because WE will passionately seek Him TOGETHER.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My opinion on unemployed dating is this. I feel that a man is not a man if he is able bodied and will not work. I feel a man NEEDS to be able to take care of himself at least. I think a man feels that it is his responsibility to care for himself and his family even if he is not in a position to do so but his wife is. I see dating as any planned meeting, no matter how innocent. I will never front as though I have when I have not and though I may not volunteer unnecessary info, I am not about to pass on good times and possibly love simply because I am jobless for the moment. Why should a woman?

    ReplyDelete