Friday, May 27, 2011

I DARE YOU!


I recently read (for the 2nd time) this book titled Women Risktakers by Dr. Patricia D. Bailey. I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Dr. Bailey back in 2002 as she was the keynote speaker at a women's event my then church sponsored. I was mesmerized by her passion for the Lord and his calling on her life so that day I purchased several copies of her book and have shared them over the years with women whose lives I wanted to impact positively. Since then, technology has made it easier to do so and I wanted to share an excerpt of her book in order to entice you to purchase it and allow God's inspired word at the hand of Dr. Bailey, now Bailey-Jones since her nuptials to Dr. D. Boyd Jones, to inspire and motivate you to take risk. God's promises have been proven over the centuries in the lives of women - and are just as certain today!


"My emphasis in this book is on the importance of giving more attention to the finality of God's Word rather than to the opinions of men. The women whose lives are examined each took the common risk that changed their world of simply taking God at His undeviating Word. There really isn't a risk when we dare trust God because He always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus. With man some things are impossible, but with God all things are possible!
Our victories don't come without obstacles, but God gives us the faith to overcome all of them. Our successes don't come without temptations, but God gives us the way of escape from each one. God watches every single motion of our lives with detailed observation. Nothing is hidden from His sight. He watches over our lives to bring us to the completion of the work that He has begun in us....

Women Risktakers challenges women to change their world by studying the lives of great women of the Bible -such as Rahab, Esther, Hagar, Hannah, Abigail, Debra and many other -and showing that the common denominator for accomplishing something great is simply the willingness to be a risktaker for God....Are you ready to accomplish great things? Are you ready to be a Woman Risktaker?"

For more information regarding Dr. Bailey-Jones and her ministries log on to http://mtmintl.org/mtmhome.html

So.... I began by daring you...to do what? you might ask!...
I DARE YOU TO REALLY TRUST GOD IN EVERY AREA OF YOUR LIFE!

I have had to learn to do this all over again and though the journey has not been without its obstacles, challenges and surprises, it has, however, been a rewarding journey. In learning to trust HIM again the rewards have been unmeasurable!

So again I say... I DARE YOU! go ahead...TRUST HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment